Monday 6 October 2008

pear shaped

Sometimes life has a way of going all pear shaped.

One moment you're skipping along in the sunshine and the next you're floundering in a sea of uncertainty and doubt, desperate to keep your head above water and cursing yourself for having never really learned how to swim.

Each day survived was done with a friend's words in my ear. Every day you go in and you pick a task and give it your full attention. When that one's done, you move on to the next and keep going. Focus on the things you can control. And then at 5 when you walk out that door and into the world that's out of control, just keep reminding yourself to breathe.
So that's what I did.
I remembered to breathe.
In and out.
Out and in.
Counting each labored breath until the world righted itself again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you ok? Anything I can do to help? I'll keep you in my prayers, girl :)

j