Thursday 10 February 2011

who started the love/hate relationship?


A recent trip to boss’s office reminded me how easy it is to hate people just because they have authority over you. I went over to him with the intention of clarifying few issues that didn’t go well in the earlier meeting. However, the second discussion turned out worst than the first one as we both ended up saying things that we shouldn’t be saying to each other… well, at least I know I did!

I’ve got to agree that my boss is a no-nonsense kinda guy. If he’s sitting in front of you it can be for one or two reasons. Either you screwed up pretty badly (like the both incidents pertaining to my previous subordinates) or he wants to ask you a question he already has the answers to.

Meeting him face-to-face was a big mistake! Truth be told, he has been quite gracious to me throughout my tenure here. But I have to admit that the distance between me and him is measured in miles! (not literally though cuz on the surface he is kinda close me) what i meant was - he is so close to some of us yet so far away! I guess when you’re far away you tend to make things up in your mind on how people are then what they are in reality.

Nowadays, I find that he is often inconsistent with his approach telling me one thing and expecting another. And as usual me being the big rebel, told him what’s on my mind the other day though what I’ve failed to do is to get my facts straight before shooting my complaints. My mistake! I remember the days when I was totally into him – you know when he hires me and shows some favours...etc. But somehow along the way it all got turned the other way around.

Is he my “parent” now? What am I – a chopped liver?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.