Tuesday 23 April 2013

Second Chances...



Second chances! We don’t get many of them in life, do we? And when we do, are we even aware that they’re happening to us? I’m going to have to guess sometimes yes and sometimes no. I’m sure it depends on how important they are to your life and how much that second chance can change you.

I’ve had a few and I’m so thankful they came when they did. I think everyone deserves a few in their lifetime. We all make mistakes. We all have missed opportunities. Maybe the timing was all wrong. May be we weren’t ready. Or may be we were just blind to that chance and let it slip through our fingers…

Since I’ve started to read this book by Monica Murphy, Second Chance Boyfriend, I’ve been thinking a lot about second chances. Luckily enough, Drew and Fable do get their second chance at love. But they also get second chances at a lot of things in their life. It’s subtle running theme throughout the book. And I’ve been asking myself this question all time to myself…

Given a second chance at love, when is it worth the risk?

I know I’m not really fooling anyone. At my core, behind certain walls erected to better protect me, underneath the heartbreaks and bruises, I am an incurable romantic. I believe in the trans-formative power of love; both to the receiver and the giver. And yes, I suppose there is a part of me still believes that true love is worth fighting and waiting for that it reigns supreme in the end. Yet I recently was put in the position to question myself; given a second chance at love, when is it worth the risk?  

No comments: