Thursday 27 September 2007

sri's state of the union

Its that time of the year again. My birthday is rolling around (October 31, if you care to know) and I've been going over the past year.

I'm not liking what I see.

So here I propose some changes.

Sri's State of the Union.

I'm not in a relationship, but eventually I will be, until then, stop bitching about not having someone and enjoy what I do have, which is good friends, awesome cooking skills and a crafty mind.

Stop letting the idiots of my past (read Mr Conservative) rule over my future. One man or many will not make or break this chica.

Life is not about what happens to you, its about what you do about it. Repeat this mantra often and whenever confronted by something you think you won't succeed at.

Travel far and often. The world is very small and you should see more of it… but first, finding my passport.

Find something that you are absolutely terrified of doing and do it anyway. And most importantly... Stop avoiding your life, its going to keep going even if you aren't.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Around this time of the year, I look back to 31 Oct 2001 when we hung out for the very first time in Bangsar- I think it was literally when we started becoming good friends. Time passes, huh? Love your plan for the new year- all of them are just as needed on this side of the world with me!

Love,
mm

Anu said...

Let's do something special for ur birthday this year and get that plan on the road...

sri said...

drowsystar - yea, i remember! Silvers... halloween... :) it was alrite.

anu - well... anu, u know my birthday plan for tis year...