Saturday 1 December 2007

into the night...

One of my favorite songs by Santana since ‘why don't you & i’, (which is still my favorite) but man oh man Chad Kroeger and Santana when work together, magic happens!! And just when you thought you had seen the last best of…

The first time I heard the opening track “Into the Night”, I stumped, as to who it was? Once Santana’s guitar solo came in, though, I knew right away. Chad wrote the song himself, he never shields from affairs of the heart, and I would call this is his most romantic lyrical endeavor yet.

Like a gift from the heavens
It was easy to tell
It was love from above
That could save me from hell
She had fire in her soul
It was easy to see
How the devil himself
Could be pulled out of me
There were drums in the air
As she started to dance
Every soul in the room
Keeping time with their hands

Coupled with his raspy voice, it makes for an intriguing contrast of a cool rocker singing a valentine about love at first sight. Chad is not the biggest rock guy, but I love anything Chad Kroeger does either with Nickelback or Santana. His voice sends chills up my spine! And as for Santana, you know why he doesn’t sing at all? Cuz he doesn’t have to… His guitar does it for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no one playes a 6-string better than Santana. The guy is a living legend. This song with Chad from Nickelback is sweet.

PICKLEMAN said...

"Why dont you and I" is a collaboration between Santana and Alex Band, right?

sri said...

ok ppl... this is how it goes...

undeniably i'm talkin bout chad NOT alex! yes there is an alex version but this is not it.