Monday 24 March 2008

the light-switch


Men claim to be simple creatures.

I believe this to be highly suspect.

I have found that they are just as confusing and complex as any woman...sometimes even more so.

For instance...men are masters of the 'Light-switch.' A dark and evil trait which I have yet to fully understand but have nonetheless fallen victim to. It is the uncanny ability to change behavior or turn feelings on and off at the flick of a switch without ever batting an eye.

One day they want to marry you, the next day they deliver the most insulting and painful blow...you cease to exist.

It's as if they permanently erased you from their memories...while you are left wondering how it is that you are so easily forgettable.

I'm telling you people.... it's c-o-m-p-l-i-c-a-t-e-d.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not just men that have this lightswitch...women do too...
it's just that men seem to use the ones they have more often.
i would say it's either a defense mechanism or because that person hasn't been able to make an emotional connection, for whatever reason, to that person and everything to that point has been faked...either way it leads to emotional immaturity.

- jay

Anu said...

I hear u! Men always believe they are simple and not complicated. But they're not. They are just as fickle minded as we women are. Essentially, (plus or minus a few aspects) I believe we are the same...

sri said...

j - can you really fake it for years?

anu - I totally agree - and i think men are not as mature emotionally as women. Outwardly women are fearful but inwardly men are scared. They are afraid of not being able to live up to our expectations.

Ninja said...

LOL! Light-switch! I must remember to use that phrase

The fact of the matter is, men and women really are two different species which is why we will never understand each other!

sri said...

sabrina

ur absolutely right... two different species with different expectations and needs.

sri

ps - im still working on the terribly overdue tattoo story. coming soon k!

Ninja said...

No worries dear. Even i hardly have the time to update the blog!!!

But just drop me a comment on my blog when you've emailed me k cos i hardly check my gmail :p