Monday 11 October 2010

re-run

I wanted to get a different post up...but...I'm drawing a blank. So, I made the decision to republish and old entry. There are only a handful of you who read this the first time around so it's like brand new to everyone else. Score!

I'm fat. For those of you who know me, you're probably thinking 'duh' right now. I'm aware of this...a lot of the time I'm acutely aware of this. The thing is that sometimes (for brief periods of time) I forget. Then I see pictures...or video and become aware that, not only am I fat, I'm much fatter than I thought. The evolved side of me realizes that I should have the " and?" mentality. Who the hell who should care that I'm fat any more than they care that I have beautiful long hair? Yes, there are the health reasons, I have this thing called PCOS syndrome. but let's face it, very few people give a shit enough to think about that when they're looking at you. The evolved side of me watched the F.A.T. pageant the other night at Channel V and was proud of these girls (versus the other part of me who was thinking the smaller chicks were definitely more attractive). The un-evolved, self-conscious part of me is uncomfortable in my body, worries whether I would be able to be hired for the job I want, wonders how I'll ever attract a man. I write all of this because I'm tired of bowing to the evolved side...tired of letting my weak nature and busy schedule win. I want to eat better, exercise more, and not feel like cringing as I see a picture of me.

3 comments:

Anu said...

I dunno...u looked prety sexy in that outfit you had yesterday. And yes you have lovely hair. I'm always so jealous of your hair.

Suresh Nair said...

I totally agree with Anu, you are sexy & cuddly. Now as an after thought, I am jealous of your hair too.

I have had weight issues for over 15 years and have reduced from 103kgs to 78kgs now.

sri said...

thx guys... but i would say it was close to wardrobe malfunction :)

as for the hair..I'm just enjoying with it while i still can!

and Suresh... I'm facing with this weight problem since the day i was born! yes yes, i was one of those chubby chubby baby. I'm kinda used to it now though... it gives the cringe feeling every-time i walk into a shop to get myself an outfit that i like :( thx anyway! i guess we'all have to fight our own battle!