Friday 17 February 2012

target practice...


I firmly believe that when you are single, you should not be allowed to enter any store within the months of January or February without first being in one of those blinders… like the ones they put on racehorses.


My reasoning for this is simple. With blinders on, you can stay focused on what you are there to get and you can try to avoid the heart shaped boxes of candy, pink candles and sickeningly sweet cards that profess undying love.

For me the worst thing about Valentine's Day is that little window of loneliness that magically appears whenever I see these things… and I hate myself whenever I get back into daydreaming of his warm breath on the back of my neck while listening to his heartbeat against my cheek and how perfectly his hands fit the curves of my waist... just to make myself happy for a little moment. And where I totally forget the times he made my cry at office…

It’s like a friend once said, “Sri… if love is blind… maybe we need a Seeing Eye dog(s).” 

God… I need to let go of him… and move on! Please give me the strength!

No comments: