Friday 14 March 2008

i'm inked! are u?

The consequences of break-ups are not necessarily ugly all the time… mine is kinda pretty actually…:) that’s right… I’m inked! And it came out better than I imagined…:)

Last coupla years have been fabulous years – things have changed, I have changed - for better, not so much worse. I’ve met so many wonderful people, some who have changed the way I look at life.

And if you wonder why ladybug… well, most people say ladybug is a clichéd design. But when I read about them, it occurred to me how beautifully perfect it was for me, right now, at this moment. The more you learn about this small but powerful creature, the more you understand that it is not merely a testimony to beauty, but also strength and most importantly, change.

and here is a little story i found in the net bout these pretty little things...

In Europe, during the middle ages, insects were destroying the crops, so the Catholic farmers prayed to the virgin mary for help. Soon the ladybugs came, ate the plant-destroying pests and saved the crops! The farmers began calling the ladybugs “the beetles of our lady”, and they eventually became known as ‘lady beetles’! their red wings represents virgin mary’s clock and the black spots represents her joys and sorrows.

As for me... forever, i shall look over my left shoulder and remember...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's cute :)

Anonymous said...

wow!! it's cute & chubby little thing... you are mighty brave woman.

Anu said...

It is cute! :) Cool choice!

sri said...

princess extraordibaire - Chubby?? well... it is kinda chubby eh..:)
ironically the tattoo lady made my lady-bug little chubbier than it was in the sketch i gave her earlier.

anu - tq 4 d compliment...:) i'll show u the tat soon k...

anon 10:02 - tq

Anonymous said...

mmmmyyyyyyy lady - it is cute!especially on ur skin..:)

But tattoos are permenant! and u are talking bout a subject that u should be forgetting.

Dearie, break-ups are difficult but you need to take it easy. Take all the time you want, just don't do anything you'll regret later.

and remember- I'm just a phone call away if you need to talk.

Jay

Ninja said...

Very nice!

By any chance do you have pictures of the whole tattooing process? Would love to feature you on my tattoo blog :

http://boobytatts.blogspot.com

sri said...

well... j, it's not that i have tattooed his face on my shoulder.

its a memory of how im feeling right now, nothing - whatsoever got to do with that man... at least directly!

anu - thx

sri said...

hi sabrina

i dont have any pictures of the whole process but i can submit something on how the whole experience was... gimme a a week or two k.

Ninja said...

Ok cool!

I wan the all the 'dirt'! :p

Anonymous said...

hi. not sure if ul read this as the post is quite old. but...
long story short,
im getting a tattoo, a ladybug to mark the end of a good 3 years with my car. i had a lady bug car red with big b;lack spots and i had a real serious accident in it a few weeks back and now its crushed and must go to scrap yaurd:( anyways, i would love to get it on my shoulder on the top under my bra strap, only small, like the size of my thumb nail...and i been searching google for some cute images and come accross yours. and i think its lovely, and perfect. so i wanna steal it hahaha with your permission of course..
my email address is, kezzibug@hotmail.co.uk
and would love it if u had any more pics maybe clearer ones so i could show the guy doin my tat. thats as long as ur ok with me using your design. love, kerry xxx