Friday 13 March 2009

if i were a boy...


If one day, I woke up and face the mirror and saw a boy, I’ll know how and why it happened.

For days, I’ve been endlessly singing Beyonce’s If I Were A Boy. Addiction, eh? I prefer to call it my Last Song Syndrome. I just cannot get over such a beautiful song. It’s something that makes me want to say, “Awww” for it hit those lines the way it should be hit. It’s perfect for those women who had a bad experience on love.

I can sooo relate to the song though… I would like to clarify that I have nothing against boys. I don’t have hard feelings towards the other gender. I do not have the anger or sourness. The song is – well, I just find it great and nice, especially the lyrics. I must admit that once in my life, I’ve experienced losing the one I wanted because I was taken for granted like the girl in the song but then that didn’t stop me from seeing the beauty of life. I learned from what happened and now, I’ve come to terms with the other part of life too. And most importantly I do not hate the one who broke my heart. I think that to conclude that I am not bitter or any of the like is very important in this post. I remember reading in a magazine the line, “Boys are taught not to make a girl cry ever since they were young,” I believe that when they do, it’s for a very good reason. Their reasons may sound silly but I know that they did everything they can in order to save everything. It’s just that some things don’t turn out that well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think when we guys hurt a girl, it also hurt us in some ways we're too proud to contemplate...

:)

jay kailash

sri said...

thanks for dropping by! I try my best to be an open-minded person. I really believe that as much as possible...