Thursday 1 March 2012

Does karma really exist?

I used to be a devout believer in it.  But now I'm starting to doubt it's existence.  I see more and more assholes living great lives, while nice people continue to be screwed over by everyone.

I don't know.  I like to think that things happen for a reason, but sometimes it's very hard to justify.  I'm beginning to think that sometimes, for no good reason, we just get a raw deal.  

Some of you wonder why I hate rich, well, why do I hate these people? I do not know…  Well, I don’t really hate them.  I am just frustrated with them.  I am frustrated that sometime they think they’re better than other people.  And I just don't like how they have game the system in their favor.  It makes me wonder why they behave the way they do sometime… is there a karma? Why can’t they get punished for their actions?

Something crop up to me today that perhaps bad people may "prosper" in our eyes, we don't see what they're going through behind closed doors or even internally. People who did bad things to others and who do deserve a bit of bad karma on them may not get their just desserts immediately, or as we see fit anyway. I think people will get what's coming to them EVENTUALLY...it may not be till their deathbed days, but they'll still get what's coming to them. And no, death isn't what's coming to them as a result of their karma...but I do believe they will eventually get it.

As for me, I try not to think of it in terms of deserving something. I just think that wherever I am, whatever I'm going through, that's where I'm supposed to be at that moment. Everything happens for a reason… cliché. I believe that. If I stubbed my toe, maybe God wants me to be more careful when I do things. I was at work today trying to fix something and kept dropping the thing I was holding. I counted. I dropped it twice during a simplified task. Eventually I was like come on!! But then I thought that maybe the world wants me to slow down and be more careful. So I slowed down. Didn't drop it again. 

Whatever the bad luck I’m going through or whoever is causing it, I believe there's a reason. And I guess I just have to learn to deal with it and then try to be better with certain things. I do hope things work out for me soon.

2 comments:

ong said...

Yes,we see the rich prosper before our eyes, but do we see them suffer in hell?

Then again, the rich being so as they did good deeds before this life, which we didn't see.

Life is eternity;our body or our form is temporary.It varies every life according to our doing and thought.

The beauty of karma is that,we are our own boss;we decide our own destiny sometimes even without our knowing of it.

Oops, I preach again !

hobbit1964 said...

LOL!!!!!!!
Life, it seems, is pretty much like death. We can't adequately rationalise it.
You've watched The LOTR. So there you have it.